This past weekend I took a day trip to Lake Tahoe, and for the first time ever I saw the beautiful little city in the summer without snow covering everything. I am now convinced that Summit should totally consider filming Eclipse here in August (It’s not too late dammit!). Asides for my own selfish reasons of having easier (and cheaper) access to stalk the set, it really is our very own Cali Forks.
- While driving through the mountains to get there I saw so many trees identical to those shown in the beginning of all the movie trailers. I kept hearing the music in my head as we drove. And I know a tree is a tree is a tree but I SWEAR I saw the tree Edward took Bella to the top of in the infamous “things like this just don’t exist,””they do in my world,” scene.
- You wanna talk about food? I saw 2 dead deers within the first 15 minutes there!
- While there are no actual surrounding cliffs by the lake, (which doesn’t matter anyway because the cliff diving scene was filmed at a pool for crying out loud) the lake itself is beautiful and ideal for any beach/lake/cliff diving scenes.
- Tons of fields and meadows (real meadows not no dinky little patch of grass) to canoodle in and play baseball in.
- While I was on the Gondola going up to zip line I saw what looked exactly like Jacob’s house BUT in green. Dude. I’ll help paint it red, it’s all good. I couldn’t take a picture ‘cuz I left my phone in the car and I couldn’t ask my bf to take it ‘cuz I was scared he’d throw me off of the tram for thinking about Twilight during “our day,” but here’s a similar house I found in Tahoe.
- And the last reason they should film in Tahoe: The strip. Nothing even remotely close to Vegas of course but it’s quiet enough for the cast to not get bombarded but still has clubs, casinos, restaurants, spas, leisure activities, bars, and MOST IMPORTANTLY buffets to keep em busy while they’re not filming.
So where else do you think asides from Vancouver, Lake Tahoe, Oregon, and the actual city of Forks do you think would be an ideal filming location? Anything around you?